Saturday, March 14, 2015

Waves of Love on Cowboys n Country

While this is not a Cowboy book, it does take place in a laid back, small seaside town, much the we way country folk enjoy life and I LOVED the book so thought I would share.  Enjoy!!




Beach Read #1
by Lori Ann Mitchell

Published:  November 6, 2014
Length:  104 pages
Genre:  Contemporary Romance




About:
Can love overcome an age difference of more than 10 years? At thirty-two, Sage Drake has the world by the tail. She owns her own bookstore, in sunny Florida, and loves her work so much she lives in the apartment above the store. Then one day a young surfer strolls in, cadging free coffee and donuts from her little cafĂ©. His name is Derek Chambers, and he’s no regular surfer: he’s an author of a series of surfing travelogues, eager to do a book-signing or two at Sage’s store. She goes him one better by offering to host a series of writing workshops, with Derek as the star. In return, Derek offers to teach Sage – who’s never learned – how to surf. Will the two find love in the waves?

My Review:

Have you ever wished you could find a warm, sunny coastal town full of fun shops and eateries complete with a quaint little bookstore/bakery? Beach wear would of course be the norm and the temperature would hover near perfect all year long. Summer would bring the requisite tourist season but this town is just enough off the beaten path that it would never too busy. Have you wished for this kind of place? I have, even if only in my dreams.

Ms. Mitchell must have either found such a place or dreamed of it along with all of us because that is exactly the town WAVES OF LOVE takes place in. I can feel the sunshine on my back and the warm, salty air as I write this now and remembering the way the story made me feel has me smiling ear to ear. Basically a story of a young man who arrives in town and the bakery owner who is immediately drawn to him, it is the perfect summer read. 

Light and breezy with no issues too heavy, the romance is wonderful. There is a little age difference involved and some tastefully written sex scenes. It most certainly has a happily ever after or at least for now and the author seems to have plans for more books to go along with it, making it a series. I highly recommend this light, contemporary romance.


About Author Lori Ann Mitchell:

I was born in Miami and as I became of age moved to the east coast and studied in one of the Ivy league schools.  A few years later I became a senior partner in a major law firm located in New York City, my current residence and the best city in the world.  When I am not looking for love, I write about it.  The stories are based on my own experience; the men described are people I have actually met in other circumstances.  I use the pen name Lori Ann Mitchell (it rhymes with my real name) as I can't reveal my true identity due to my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment