Tuesday, July 7, 2015

GAMBLING ON A HEART by Sara Walter Ellwood ~ 5 Star #BookReview! #Contemporary #CowboyRomance

 This is a review I wrote and posted on my previous blog, SnifferWalk.  As this is one of my all-time favorite books, I just had to share again, especially since Sara just released GAMBLING ON A DREAM a couple of weeks ago (I can't wait, I can't wait to read it!!!) and she has HEARTSONG coming out in January!





Gambling on a Heart
Coulter Gamblers #2
by Sara Walter Ellwood

Published:  July 1, 2013
Publisher:  Lyrical Press
Length:  337 pages
Genre:  Contemporary Country Romance

Available:  Amazon | B&N 




My Thoughts:I adore a good Contemporary Cowboy Romance. GAMBLING ON A SECRET, the book prior to this one in the series was one of my all-time favorite books so I have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of GAMBLING ON A HEART. Seeing Tracy, Dylan's sister and her little boy as well as Zack (the Sheriff) and his little girl again was like visiting old friends. The fact that this is Zack and Tracy's story was both exciting and nerve-racking since I knew how much baggage they both carried. Learning about their past and their heartache all this time made many things fall into place for me.

I knew in the last book that Zack is a really good man. He wouldn't have stuck by Dylan all this time if he wasn't. He also would not have made such a fantastic Sheriff for Colton and daddy to his little girl after her mama died. Tracy showed her true colors when she didn't give up on Dylan, helped Charli and didn't turn tail and run when her hateful ex and his mother spread vicious gossip about her and sullied her reputation. This just goes to show you how much depth there is to these characters. Are there a lot of secondary characters? You bet. Just like in a real person's life, especially in a small town, they are all mixed into the day to day lives of each other. Sara captured that fact beautifully.

The other aspects of life Sara captures extremely well are the pain and emotions that Zach and Tracy both have to work through and the connection they find in their intimacy. Due to both of these things, this is a book for adults. This book brings closure to many things and ends just as I had hoped.

Can GAMBLING ON A HEART stand alone? I believe it can. I think that a reader could pick it up and read it cover to cover, knowing nothing about the previous book and the characters and enjoy it immensely. But it would be so much better to have read them both in order. I highly recommend Contemporary Romance lovers and Cowboy Romance lovers take a chance on reading Gambling on a Heart.

5+ Stars, 4 Flames!!




Sara Walter Ellwood is an award winning author whose novel Gambling On A Secret was named by bestselling author Carolyn Brown in the Happy Ever After Blog on USA Today as one of her favorite romances of 2012. Although Sara has long ago left the farm for the glamour of the big town, she draws on her experiences growing up on a small hobby farm in West Central Pennsylvania to write her stories. She’s been married to her college sweetheart for nearly 20 years, and they have two teenagers and one very spoiled rescue cat named Penny. She longs to visit the places she writes about and jokes she’s a cowgirl at heart stuck in Pennsylvania suburbia.
            
She also writes paranormal romantic suspense under the pen name of Cera duBois.

Sara, how about some links to buy your books and find out more about you? 

Buy links:

Author links:

To Sign Up for Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/mVxXf



Liberty Ann


**I received this book in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. All opinions are my own and no further compensation was received.

No comments:

Post a Comment